Breath is life, it’s the first thing we anxiously wait to hear from a baby at birth and the last thing we do when we transition. Yet while we have something that is so powerful and free most people don’t realize that is also one of the most transformative healing modalities. Breathwork is an umbrella term that relates to the practice of consciously manipulating the depth and rate of breathing to achieve a specific outcome. Your breath is one of the most powerful tools you have at your disposal to completely transform your mental, physical, and spiritual well-being. I am trained in a variety of different breathwork modalities. Together we create the best protocols to get you to where you want to be.
Breathwork is a hands-on healing modality. The Breathwork practitioner who has had special hands-on training in body mapping pressure points uses touch, movement, sound and breath to help the client open constricted patterns.
Most people restrict their breathing to avoid experiencing unpleasant feelings. By holding our breath, we deactivate feelings. Keeping them repressed (held in the subconscious) requires a tremendous ongoing amount of energy and creates chronic tension in our bodies. These repressed feelings also unconsciously affect our behavior, often in limiting, self-sabotaging ways.
Breathwork integrates the wounded aspects of self into one functioning whole. It produces an entrainment effect in the electromagnetic field which allows dense, lower vibrational patterns (such as repressed emotions) to be transformed into a higher vibrational energy. Through this process, trauma permanently shifts from our being—without the need for conscious processing of each accumulated hurt. Old patterns are restructured through the breath, the true inner nature reveals itself, and we move easily beyond our previous limitations to lead a more joyful and healthy life.
Some of the benefits:
- Decrease stress levels (includes mentally releasing the feelings of stress and turning off the stress response in the body)
- Oxygenating the body, which promotes cell growth and function
- Alkalizing your blood pH to decrease the risk of disease
- Improve mental focus
- Improve mental clarity
- Process and release blocked emotion or trauma from the body and mind
- Nervous system regulation by stimulating the vagus nerve
- A sense of deep relaxation (mentally and physically)
- Boost the immune system
- Relieve feelings of anger, anxiety, depression, and grief
- Help treat PTSD and c-PTSD
- Help treat chronic pain
- Decrease inflammation in the body